I have been on a long dry spell. What kind you may asking? A non-winning contest dry spell. Yes i'll admit, I am a contest junkie. I have been very lucky to win some great fly fishing and tying gear the past few years. Last week, AvidMax on Facebook held a fly tying contest in which they were looking for the most creative fly you have ever tied. It did not take me long to know which fly I needed to enter. I won 3rd place in the contest, which scored me the Tacky Dry Fly Box. This will be a great addition to my arsenal. I must give credit to fisheatflies for helping me with the pattern. We both tied roughly the same fly that evening, incorporating lots of synthetics and bucktail. I fished the pattern on a lake known for big tiger muskie, but never even saw one that day. Regardless, the pattern sits on top of my tying desk where hopefully someday it will pierce an esox predator.
I'm glad that fly at least produced something for you. Lets go soak that thing for some TM
ReplyDeleteHa ya..maybe a wiper would smash it??
Delete