Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sunday Streamer














I have been reading lately that gold is a good streamer color, so I decided to whip one up. I used my new Loon Gator Grip Dubbing Spinner for the first time, and must say it performed well. The gator grip has a strong solid grip on material, which gives confidence when wrapping. I also incorporated some UV Polar Chenille, which is an awesome buggy material. Lately, I have been watching countless streamer videos (they are slightly addicting) and a lot of top streamer guys out there are using this material. The only thing I wish i'd included was some flash for the tail. When I tie this again, I will add gold flash. A while back I won some streamers from Oskar Hagelin, whom incorporates a flash tail for his Beef Jerky Streamer. When in water, the flash looks great and gives the streamer lots of movement and color.  Come spring, I cannot wait to throw this bug. Hopefully it will entice some nice fish.

Rear Hook: Allen B200 #6
Tail: Tan Marabou
Body: Tan Schlappen & Hareline UV Polar Chenille Gold UV (twisted together)

Front Hook: Gamakatsu B10S #1
Eyes: Dumbell Eyes
Articulation Wire: 49 Strand Nylon Coated Wire
Articulation Bead: Gold
Tail: Tan Marabou
Body: Tan Schlappen & Hareline UV Polar Chenille Gold UV (twisted together)
Collar: Palmered Tan & Dark Brown Marabou
Head: Senyo Laser Dub Silver Minnow Belly (Colored to match)


No comments:

Post a Comment